Tuesday, November 6, 2007

t-t-t-tonight



I am going to be conducting surveys at the Bright Eyes show, downtown, at the Gibson Guitar Lounge with my buddy Morgangsta.

J Paul is not the biggest fan of Conor's oeuvre, but I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning might be canonized as a folk classic of our generation. I don't know. It features guest vocals from Emmylou Harris on a few tracks, and, overall, it's ten songs long (and I am a sucker for ten song albums).

Bright Eyes at allmusic

Nevertheless, I'm excited to see how their music's been progressing, as I have not expressed any interest in the latest record (acts like Joanna Newsom, Panda Bear and the Meat Puppets have overshadowed my former enthusiasm for anything Saddle Creek).

one love

update: with special guests The Felice Brothers and Maria Taylor

No comments: